- Taking photographs of an item or items may be arranged only under the supervision of Special Collections staff.
- In some cases, copyright law or other restrictions may prohibit the use of cameras. If use of a personal camera is permitted, researchers will be asked to fill out a Digital Reproduction form on-site.
- Researchers must turn off the camera’s flash and silence any camera sounds. Materials must remain flat on the desk or in the stand/cradle provided and researchers may not push on bindings, stand on tables/chairs, or hold up materials in order to obtain a better quality picture.
- Photographs are for personal use only and may not be published, posted on the internet (including all social media), donated or sold to another repository, or exhibited in any way. Patrons interested in acquiring high resolution, publishable images, please refer to guidelines for reproduction and use of materials.
- Professional video equipment is seldom permitted in the reading room. Users wishing to film in the Special Collections reading room must contact Special Collections by email or call (843) 953-1424.